- Fluid therapy
- In-House Laboratory
- In-House Pharmacy
- 24-hour hospitalization/monitoring by full staff including veterinarian and technicians
- Digital x-ray
- Blood transfusions
- Advanced soft tissue surgery
- Orthopedic surgery including fracture repair
- Oxygen therapy
- Isolation wards
- Reproductive emergencies including whelp watch and c-sections
Where will my pet stay?
- Depending on your pet’s size, they will either stay in a private cage or a dog run.
- If your pet has a contagious upper respiratory disease or a contagious gastrointestinal disease, they will be held in one of our two large isolation wards.
- Cages and runs are lined with blankets, towels, and pee pads if needed.
- Phone calls or, if you prefer, text messages, will be conducted every morning or afternoon of your pet’s hospital stay from the rounding veterinarian or his or her technician with an update and plan.
- We encourage you to call throughout the day to check on your pet’s status. We will return messages as quickly as possible.
- We request that one family member act as the primary contact person during your pet’s stay.
- Family members are welcome and encouraged to visit their pets during their stay with us.
- Depending on your pet’s condition, you may be able to bring them food.
- You do not need an appointment to visit, but please be aware that depending upon the number of scheduled appointments and emergencies, we may request you visit during a specific time period.
- Please enter the building through the main (north) entrance and sign in.
Note: if your pet is critical or has a contagious disease, we may prohibit or limit visitation at the doctor’s discretion.
Wilson Veterinary Hospital is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays to address any pet emergency. Contact our experienced reception staff with any urgent questions or concerns, as well as estimated time of arrival of your pet so we can prepare to meet its needs.
For 24/7 Emergencies, call: (586) 752-6217
- We will make every effort to complete your pet’s procedure within 24-72 hours.
- Your pet will be monitored closely by our doctors and staff until surgery.
- If your pet requires hospitalization prior to surgery, the procedure will be performed as quickly as possible once your pet’s condition has stabilized.
- Procedures deemed most critical will be given priority.
- Some specialty procedures are only performed by certain veterinarians and may require a longer wait time.
- We may need to transport your pet to our satellite clinic, the Animal Clinic of Sterling Heights, for surgery. Let us know if you would prefer your pet not be transferred.
- We currently have three doctors on staff at our Washington location who perform abdominal ultrasounds and two doctors who perform echocardiograms
- Our doctors will make every effort to complete these procedures in a timely manner if it is required, depending upon case load and emergencies.
- We require half of the low end of your estimate for hospitalization, with the remaining balance due at the time of your pet’s discharge.
- If you are paying with Care Credit, your deposit will be waived, with the entire balance to be paid in full at the time of release.
Note: Please be advised that the estimate provided for planned procedures and hospitalization is only an approximation, and the bill may be greater or less than this amount.